Just try not to giggle when you’re the water with one of our boisterous, animated sea lions. Between those big ol’ eyes and perpetual puppy-like energy, you just can’t help the good time you’ll have alongside these delightful comics of the sea.
During your swim, you’ll get to play the role of an animal ambassador in training, interacting with sea lions both in and out of the water.
Not to be outdone by a dolphin’s dorsal swim ride back to shore, our sea lions will let you hold onto their flipper for a thrilling tandem tow across their habitat.
While your in-water dolphin interaction will last 20-30 minutes, the overall experience included with your Sea Lion Swim reservation lasts closer to 90 minutes.
What to Expect During your Sea Lion Swim Experience:
- Suit up: Wetsuits, towels and life vests (required for anyone under 48” tall), are included, all to be returned after your swim. You’ll find a changing room with lockers and showers with soap, shampoo and conditioner.
- Get ready: Before you leave for Sea Lion Shallows, one of our animal ambassadors will let you know what to expect, and give you some insights on sea lion behavior we’ve learned from our decades as experts in marine mammal care. This includes a video training portion as well as a Q&A session.
- Hop aboard: After your orientation at Discovery Point, we’ll take you by shuttle to the Sea Lion Shallows for the moment you’ve been waiting for.
- Wade in: With the guidance of a trainer, you and a small group of guests will wade into the water to meet, touch and connect with one of the sea lions in our care.
- Return to Discovery Point: After your swim, we’ll bring you back to Discovery Point to change out of your wetsuit and get to see photos and videos from your experience, available for purchase.
Know Before You Go
Before you reserve your Sea Lion Swim, here are a few important things to know.
- Age: For your safety, swim participants must be at least 6 years old. Guests under age 18 must be accompanied by a paid adult who is also participating in the Sea Lion Swim.
- Non-participants: Friends and family members who wish to stay and watch but are not Swim Participants will be able to purchase Observer Tickets for $30.
- Swim ability: As long as you’re comfortable in the water, swimmers of all levels can enjoy this experience. Adult and children’s life vests are available on request.
- FAQs: For other helpful information, please visit our FAQs page.
Reserve your Swim
Reservations are required, and because the number of guests per swim is limited to a small group, we encourage guests to please check availability on your preferred dates before you book your travel.
Pass Members: Click here to access your discounts.
Book Yours Today >