There’s something about being around dolphins that speaks to our heart in a language all its own. Perhaps that’s why so many people who’ve never even been close to a dolphin dream of swimming with them one day. That day has come.
When we nearly doubled the size of our Dolphin Lagoon, we reserved a special area in its shallows for just such once-in-a-lifetime experiences in hopes of inspiring an even deeper understanding and appreciation for these magnificent animals.
While your in-water dolphin interaction will last 20-30 minutes, the overall experience included with your Dolphin Swim reservation lasts closer to 2 hours.
Here’s what to expect during your Dolphin Swim:
- Suit up: Your Swim includes a complimentary wetsuit and towel, all to be returned after your swim. You’ll find a changing room with lockers and showers with soap, shampoo and conditioner.
- Get ready: Before you enter the Dolphin Lagoon, we’ll spend a few moments along its shore talking about these awesome animals, from their behavior to communication to some of our parks’ leadership in dolphin research and rescue. This includes a video training portion as well as a Q&A with an animal ambassador.
- Wade in: Accompanied by a trainer, you and a small group of guests will wade into the shallows of Dolphin Lagoon and get acquainted with one of our dolphins through hugs, kisses and rubdowns.
Know Before You Go
Before you reserve your Dolphin Swim, here are a few important things to know.
- Age: There is no age requirement, however a participant must be at least 48" tall. Guests under age 18 must be accompanied by a paid adult who is participating in the Dolphin Swim or who has purchased an observer ticket.
- Non-participants: Friends and family members who wish to stay and watch but are not swim participants will be able to purchase an observer ticket upon arrival at Discovery Point for $30. Observer space is limited and sold first come, first served.
- Swim ability: As long as you’re comfortable in the water, swimmers of all levels can enjoy this experience.
- FAQs: For other helpful information, please visit our FAQs page.
- Waivers: Print and fill out your waiver prior to your visit. Form can be located here.
Pass Members: Click here to access your discounts.
Book Yours Today >