While many people dream of swimming with dolphins, a whole new world awakens for those who choose to spend some time in the company of another of the sea’s most animated ambassadors, the beautiful beluga whale.
Belugas may be one of the smallest species of whales, but they’re big on personality. They communicate through whistles, clicks and other vocalizations, and can even mimic sounds.
Like so many animals who share our seas, belugas are near threatened in the wild, with some populations already endangered. Our SeaWorld San Antonio beluga whale swim is one of the only immersive programs of its kind in the world, giving our guests a chance to get to meet these amazing animals up close. Because the more we know, the more we understand. And the more we understand, the more we all care about wildlife and this awesome world we share.
While your in-water interaction with beluga whales will last 20-30 minutes, the overall experience included with your Beluga Swim reservation lasts closer to 2 hours.
What to Expect During your Beluga Whale Swim Experience:
- Suit up: Belugas like it cold, so we’ll fit you for a wetsuit to help keep you warm. Complementary wetsuit and towel are included, all to be returned after your swim. You’ll find a changing room with lockers and showers with soap, shampoo and conditioner.
- Get ready: Before you leave for Beluga Bay, you’ll spend some time with one of our animal ambassadors to learn about beluga behavior and what to expect during your swim. This includes a video training portion as well as a Q&A with an animal ambassador.
- Hop aboard: After your orientation at Discovery Point, a shuttle will take you to Beluga Bay for the moment you’ve been waiting for.
- Wade in: With the guidance of a trainer, you and a small group of guests will ease into the waters at Beluga Bay to get to know the wonderful beluga whales through hugs, kisses and rubdowns.
- Return to Discovery Point: After your unforgettable swim, you’ll be taken back to Discovery Point to change out of your wetsuit and get to see photos from your experience available for purchase
Know Before You Go
Before you reserve your Beluga Swim, here are a few important things to know.
- Age: There is no age requirement, however swim participants must be at least 48" tall. Guests under age 18 must be accompanied by a paid adult who is participating in the Beluga Swim or who has purchased an observer ticket.
- Non-participants: Friends and family members who wish to stay and watch but are not swim participants will be able to purchase an observer ticket upon arrival at Discovery Point for $30. Observer space is limited and sold first come, first served.
- Swim ability: As long as you’re comfortable in the water, swimmers of all levels can enjoy this experience.
- FAQs: For other helpful information, please visit our FAQs page.
- Waivers: Form can be printed and filled out prior to visit. Form is available here.
Reserve your Swim
Reservations are required, and because the number of guests per swim is limited to a small group, we encourage guests to please check availability on your preferred dates before you book your travel.
Pass Members: Click here to access your discounts.
Book Yours Today >